- Can you talk a little bit about who you are and what your work has been until now?
I’m a 28 year old girl from Iceland that decided to move to Gothenburg Sweden to pursue a career in development. I signed up for the coding bootcamp at Craft Academy with no prior experience with coding. Before the bootcamp I studied history and museum studies, worked a bit in museums and for a telecom company.
- During the autumn of 2017, you participated in the Craft Academy bootcamp. What made you decide to learn to code?
When working at the telecom company I felt a need to pursue a career in coding because that’s the future.
- What would you say was the most important result of your time with Craft Academy?
My most important result was to push on through - you can do it, and the results come in the end. It was really hard in the beginning, and I was always comparing myself to other students and felt bad about myself. But when I found my inner peace and just kept on coding the results came.
- What would you say was the most challenging part of the training model at Craft Academy?
It’s intense. You have to keep up and stay focused the whole time, sometimes you feel stupid but then it’s good to talk to your fellow students. Most likely they feel the same way, and you’re not alone. You’re in this together as a group.
- What advice would you give someone who is thinking about enrolling in the bootcamp?
My advice would be keep calm and keep on coding!